Eighty percent of our business is from condominium refurbishment projects that range from refreshing a stale lobby through to full building renovations. New condominium and high-rise development represent fifteen percent of our business and the final five percent is in residential and special projects.
Wiklém Design inc. works with clients following the Design & Tender + Build model. Wiklém Design+BUILD inc. provides clients with turnkey services based on the Design + Build model.
Common Area Refurbishments
Condominium corporations look to us when it is time to invest in common area refurbishments. Our team of experienced interior design professionals understands that the biggest challenge for a board when undertaking capital improvement projects is building consensus among stakeholders while maintaining a balance between controlling costs and enhancing the value of the property. Refurbishment projects are overseen by our CEO and Creative Director, Anita Wiklém, who delivers custom design services that meet creative, budget, and scheduling requirements.
- Common Area Refurbishment Expertise: lobbies, foyers, concierge, security, reception, lounges & mail areas; parking lobbies & visitor entrances; corridors & hallways; elevator lobbies, walk-offs & cabs; party rooms with roof top terraces & kitchens; card, game, billiards, hobby, media & theatre rooms; libraries; gyms; exercise, golf, yoga, Pilates & change rooms; pools; washrooms & laundry rooms; guest suites; storage; staff/lunch rooms; board rooms; property manager’s offices
- Design Development: drawings & details, products, colours, pattern, textures, scale, proportion, design meetings & concept boards
- Specifications & Tender Services: instructions to bidders, scope of work, product specifications, cad drawings and details, bid forms & analyses
- Design Implementation: review mock-ups, kick-off meeting, weekly site meetings with written report
- Document Administration: certificate of payment, change notices, change orders, deficiency walkthrough & sign-off
New Construction Interior Design
Combining creative development with practical experience, we ensure your new construction project is effective and progressive in today’s competitive market. Working with your marketing and architectural teams, Wiklém Design inc. meets design and implementation needs from sales centre to final building, on time and on budget. These services may include:
- Conceptual Design & Space Planning
- Suite Layout & Finish Selections
- Material Selection & Specifications
- Production of Interior Working Drawings
- Millwork & Fixture Design
- Furniture, Art & Accessories Procurement
- Coordination with Other Consultants
- Shop Drawing & Specification Review
- Site Review & Coordination with Builder’s Trades
Residential Interior Design & Decorating
Whether you’re renovating your entire house or starting from scratch and building your dream home, we can provide expert advice on how to make the most of your interior design and decorating project. From interior remodeling, house plans, architectural planning, and construction, we help you with your space planning, colour coordination, furnishing, accessorizing, and budget.
- Kitchen & Bath Renovations
- Floor Plans and Scale Drawings
- Colour Consultation
- Custom Furnishings
- Custom Window Coverings & Bedding
- Wall & Ceiling Treatments
- Custom Millwork